At Parkinson Society Southwestern Ontario, we are grateful for having so many wonderful and dedicated volunteers. Although we appreciate our volunteers and their contributions all year, we are taking this opportunity to thank all of you during National Volunteer Week (April 15-21) – THANK YOU!
There are so many reasons to thank our volunteers including:
- Volunteers bring a unique and wonderful set of experience and talents
- Volunteers allow us to run many special events to fund our Parkinson’s programs including research. This includes 16 different WALK-IT for Parkinson’s, 13 of which are all on the same weekend in September.
- Volunteers help us run 49 support and exercise groups throughout Southwestern Ontario servicing hundreds of people with Parkinson’s and their families.
- Volunteers help us deliver a first-rate semi-annual newsmagazine – The Parkinson’s Update. From writers and editors, to putting together mailings.
- Volunteers allow us to offer many workshops, webinars and conferences. From those in the trenches helping to coordinate the educational events to the healthcare professionals speaking and answering questions.
Volunteers are vital to all the work that is done through
Parkinson Society Southwestern Ontario
One of the greatest gifts you can give is your time. (#volunteer)
Great things are brought about and burdens are lightened through the efforts of many hands anxiously engaged in a good cause. (Elder M. Russel Ballard)
Never doubt your ability to change someone’s life. (Jackie Kennedy)
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not. (Dr. Seuss)
The best way to find yourself, is to lose yourself in the service of others. (Mahatma Gandhi)
What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead. (Nelson Mandela)