Parkinson Society Southwestern Ontario relies on the services of volunteers. Volunteers have helped us grow as we work together to accomplish the goals of the organization. Volunteers are an essential part of the organization for a number of reasons:
- Volunteers are a critical link to the community.
- Volunteers offer a fresh perspective and keep us current.
- Volunteers help us become more responsive to the community.
- Volunteers help build support and awareness within the community.
- Volunteers bring experience, knowledge and expertise to the organization.
- Volunteers keep our organization accountable.
There are a number of volunteer positions available throughout the year including:
- WALK-IT for Parkinson’s planning and on-site volunteers
- Support Group facilitators and co-facilitators
- PEP for Community Caregivers mentors
- Board members
- Regional Parkinson’s conference on-site volunteers
- Special events planning and on-site volunteers
- Office/administration volunteers
Please contact Vickie Thomas at 1-888-851-7376 or [email protected] for more information.