Board of Directors (3-year term)
The Parkinson Society Southwestern Ontario Board Development Committee is calling for nominations of candidates for the PSSO Board of Directors. There are (3) vacancies to be filled at this time. All Directors will be elected for a three-year term (2019-2022).
Parkinson Society Southwestern Ontario (PSSO) is the voice of people living with Parkinson’s in Southwestern Ontario. Our purpose is to ease the burden and find a cure through support services, education, advocacy and research.
What We Need:
PSSO is looking for volunteers who represent all regions in Southwestern Ontario and who will demonstrate excellence in their field of experience and will bring to the Society a mix of leadership skills, care and vision critical to due diligence and good governance. Emphasis will be on recruitment of candidates who have the time and experience to make a significant impact on the long-term performance of Parkinson Society Southwestern Ontario.
In keeping with its organizational values and guiding principles, Parkinson Society Southwestern Ontario is committed to social justice, anti-discriminatory practices and diversity.
By recognizing and respecting human differences and similarities, Parkinson Society Southwestern Ontario will make every effort to ensure its volunteers are representative and reflective of the communities in which its services are provided.
The PSSO Board Development Committee has reviewed the current PSSO Board composition and has determined the following skills will be required for the 2019-2022 term:
- Health Research/Medical/Clinical
- Marketing and Communication
- Financial Expertise
- Programs & Education
- Risk Management
- Business Acumen
The following additional criteria and attributes will also be required:
- Person’s residing in Southwestern Ontario
- Big picture thinker – visionary and strategic
- Demonstrated passion and commitment to Parkinson’s and to Parkinson Society Southwestern Ontario
- Credible with a strong reputation that inspires respect
- Consensus builder
- Motivator: ability to influence stakeholders and investors
- Bridge builder: demonstrated ability to network and make connections
- Engagement: time and energy to participate in board discussions and work
- A willingness to participate in and support fundraising activities of PSSO
- Philanthropic leadership through a personal financial commitment (monthly donor) to PSSO
- Monthly board meetings
- Attendance at Parkinson Society fundraising activities in your local area
- Participation on one board committee (monthly meetings)
- All nominees must be nominated and supported by a Nominator.
- All nominees must submit a Nomination and Consent Form and resume completing the application process.
- The PSSO Board Development Committee will contact selected nominees to arrange an interview.
- All Nominees will be informed about the outcome of the selection process. (Candidates who were nominated but not selected, may be considered for other volunteer opportunities with PSSO, such as participation on committees of the Board)
Please send the completed Nomination and Consent Form and candidate resume by mail, fax, or scan to:
Chair, Board Development Committee
Parkinson Society Southwestern Ontario
4500 Blakie Rd, Unit 117
London, Ontario N6L 1G5
c/o Shelley Rivard
If you have any questions regarding the criteria for nominations, please call Shelley Rivard, CEO, at (519) 652-9437 ext 23 or 1-888-851-7376.